Saturday, January 7, 2017

1. The Confesssion

Tonight my friends as we take a sip from the goblets
I have an urge to reveal one of my deepest secrets, my story
The story might be one with no value as one might view
But if one took a closer look few of them would understand
This buffoonery of mine in the story is rather wise in a dishonest way
So heed my words my dearest friends
As when the story ends I'd want you to be judgmental but in a sympathetic way
I'd want you to be cruel in a forgiving way
And indifferent in a concerning way
Tonight marks the beginning of a saga
For how long this will continue I cannot tell
For as long as this thirst of mine does not quell
So let us raise our goblets
To mighty old me, with my true face hidden in a mask of flesh
Tonight I show you my true visage, I bare my soul
Tonight I confess
And tonight you listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment